Self Help Tips
Le Mirage Resident Help Sheet
1. Jammed Disposal: On the side or bottom of the garbage disposal there is a reset button. In many cases the disposal just needs to be reset. To prevent further issues, do not put oil, grease, bones or rice down the disposal. Ice and lemon juice will help to clean the disposal.
2. Toilet Overflow: If “jiggling” the handle doesn’t stop the water from overflowing the bowl, please turn the valve on the left side of the toilet to the right to stop the flow of water. Then contact the front office or maintenance emergency number.
3. Outlet suddenly stops working: In many instance there is an outlet that is controlled by a wall switch or GFCI. Please try the switches in the room or reset the GFCI receptacle and see if that helps. If that doesn’t work, please contact the front office.
4. Suds and water coming out of the dishwasher: Dishwashing machine soap is designed to not foam or produce bubbles. If there are any bubbles coming out of the front of your dishwasher, it is possible that some of the dish soap used in the sink to pre-rinse you dishes was not completely rinsed from the dishes. Please turn off your dishwasher and call the front office. To prevent future problems, please run hot water in the sink before use, rinse dishes before loading and do not overload the dishwasher or stack the dishes too tightly.
5. Tips for better service: Before calling in a work order, please be sure to be specific information possible about the situation. Where is the problem coming from? What room? When did it start? Is this a reoccurring problem? This will help assist the maintenance and make sure the problem is fixed the first time and not an ongoing occurrence.
Thank you greatly!! And we appreciate you being our resident!
Le Mirage Apartment Homes